Take a look around any book corner or any website and you will find weight loss suggestions and many a times they are very promising too. Most of them guarantee you of reducing those extra pounds and gaining an attractive body form in just few weeks. But you may be concerned about the effect of such over promising diets on your health. So, it is necessary that you make an informed decision about which weight loss diet you should follow? It is ultimately you to decide as to what suits your needs and which diet plan is best for you?
It is advisable to take your other health problems into consideration. You can take your physician’s advice, get yourself evaluated and accordingly plan for weight loss goals. Also, take into account all your past experiences about various types of diets. Think about your personal likes, dislikes and also your budget for this purpose.
Popular weight loss diets
Some diets that are popular for bringing about effective weight loss are
- Low carbohydrate – high protein diet – The famous Atkins diet falls into this category. These diets particularly include more proteins and sufficiently reduce carbohydrate from your diet. Researchers agree to the fact that by reducing carbohydrates, blood sugar level and weight gain can be reduced. However, there are a few others, suggesting that these diets can cause ketosis. Also, as they might allow large amounts of proteins and fats, it can pose a risk for heart diseases and other health concerns.
- Low fat diet – This is chiefly aimed at cutting down on all fats from your diet as it adds to weight and increases cholesterol levels. However, cutting just the fats is not enough and it is important to watch your daily calorie intake as well.
- Meal replacement diets – In these diets, meals are replaced by certain food items like soups and shakes as in liquid diet, only fruits or vegetables, or there are commercial preparations that are recommended. Many times you have to purchase such meals or snacks from the diet plan providers, which they have prepared for your weight loss needs. These plans are generally expensive and can be useful but may also have undesirable effects on your health. Additionally, taking only one food item instead of entire meal might not be able to provide you adequate nutrition.
Choosing an effective weight loss plan
While looking for an effective weight loss plan, you should make sure that the plan is safe and does not have any harmful effects on your body or does not leave you under nourished. Hence there are a few aspects that you need to check while choosing your effective weight loss plan.
- Healthy – The diet plan should aim at reducing few pounds a week and slowly continue, so you can easily maintain your weight later on. This proves to be more effective than other diets which reduce weight in a short span.
- Nutrition – A balanced diet that provides appropriate nutrition from all recommended food groups, while watching the calories is best.
- Variety – Your diet plan must be flexible and provide you with all nutrients from a variety of food choices and not recommend just fruits, only liquids etc.
- Simple & Pleasing – The diet plan should preferably comprise of food items that are easily available and recipes that are simple yet nutritious. Also, check if the plan includes some of the foods you like, to enjoy losing weight. This can help you to follow that diet even to maintain your weight in the long run.
Healthy lifestyle – Diet alone cannot be helpful in managing your weight for lifetime. Hence it is better to choose a weight loss plan that also suggests some physical activity and a healthy lifestyle as a whole.